If you are really ready to refresh your advertising strategy by integrating a quite promising digital channel which is not yet entered by other your competitors, then you should think about developing a mobile application. You might benefit from it for many good reasons. Let’s have a look at each of them.
Basic digital channel
Mobile applications are developing into the basic digital channel for several reasons:
- Nearly 70% of all owners of mobile devices in the US keep checking their cell phones even without having any vibration signal or sound;
- Around a half of all mobile owners sleep right next to their cell phones in order not to miss any important calls, messages or notifications during the night;
- 68% of mobile owners report on receiving unwanted advertising calls, and 25% of them face this problem several times per week;
- 30% of mobile phone owners cannot imagine living without their smart phones and more than half of all owners of smart phones have uninstalled a mobile application because of the privacy concerns;
- 79% of users of mobile phones text message and 70% of these ones receive intrusive spam and unwanted text messages. That is a problem for 25% on a weekly basis;
- 55% of mobile phone owners go online; and when they do it, around 80% of them face a problem of slow speed of downloading.
As you can see, a cell phone is virtually an extension of your potential client – this thing is extremely immersive and personal if to compare it with any other media channel. Thus, add promoters have to know about this pretty dynamic digital channel which is targeted at creating a deep and intimate connection with the clients. Smart phones may accumulate pertinent information about your potential customers, and make customer acquisition or retention better with the help of highly personalized information. The kind of connection we used to create face to face is nowadays accessible through technical instruments – is not it really amazing?
Mobile promotion is also the guiding engine behind inbound advertising. People have been already spending more and more time using various mobile applications than they used to spend browsing on a desktop and just TV is still a more significant media consuming channel. But mobile application advertising is not only about placing and buying more mobile ads or finding new potential clients. Instead, you may focus your attention and efforts on engaging your present application users with pertinent notifications and useful content.
However, there are still several concerns which make the mobile application landscape especially competitive. Supporting the right retention level can be a real challenge nowadays:
- There are lots of mobile applications out there, and the changes happened recently in the ranking mechanisms of the App Store (correlating the quality and number of reviews with the help of retention rates) have made it even more difficult to reach your clients by means of the application marketplace. It is not the era of becoming rich very quickly with an awesome mobile application any more, and just a few clients will come back to the application and stay loyal to it – ¾ of lost clients are gone for good! Due to the fact that people install excess applications regularly, the number of installation is not the one parameter which mobile app promoters have to rely on.
- The vital engine of customer retention is expanding the lifetime value of your new product. Mobile app advertisers also have to remember the average avenue per application user.
- Despite the number of mobile applications out there, quite a few brands and companies (especially small and medium businesses) have benefited from the opportunities of mobile applications. With websites it is 2014 but from the point of view of mobile web development it is again the 2000s.
Enhancing retention of a mobile application results in a couple of long-term benefits, including the following ones:
- More and more satisfied customer base who actively shares, recommends and gives positive reviews in the application marketplace. Word-of-mouth advertising still works perfectly;
- Clients you know much better while you have learned more information about their behavior, reactions, values, language and necessities. You will be able to use this information in other advertising channels as well.
For this reason customer retention is so significant for mobile application promotion.