How fast time goes on, as fast as growing of number of applications for smartphones. Previously, you had to find them on various sites on the Internet, but now all kinds of applications, both paid and free, you can find in mobile markets. There are many niches of mobile applications in mobile markets now. Number of applications and quantity of possible markets grow at the same rate. Therefore, in order not to get lost and be well oriented in this variety, we have made a list of the most popular markets, along with their description and, as a variant, we added alternatives to these stores.
The most popular and cool mobile stores for games and applications are:
There is also a couple of other large stores:
Description of popular stores
Firstly, we will consider the main stores and find out how many applications are in stores, and whether they are so popular.
1. Google Play
Key facts and indicators for Google Play Store:
- Appearance of this market is caused by re-branding of Android Market store in 2012;
- As well as App Store, Google Play divides applications on categories and divides them into free and paid;
- Since creation till a present moment it has been downloaded over 48 billion apps, and about 2.8 billion loadings per month;
- 70% of sale of the application are the share of developers;
- The number of daily publications of new applications is more than 1000 units;
- «Dead» applications in Google Play are 41% of total, and in App Store — 65%.
2. App Store
Key facts and indicators for App Store:
- The total number of active applications in the market is 1.5 million. «Active» applications are those applications which are already ready to be loaded, and to be fully functionally used. They are divided into categories: games, system utilities, business applications, work with the media and so on;
- Access to a store has to be made only through iTunes;
- Daily more than several hundred new applications appear on counters. Therefore, there is a stable inflow of money;
- The average price of an application may be $ 1.44, 70% of which is given to the developer, 30% to Apple and only 13% of the cost of the application in reality is given to the App Store;
- Since the beginning of App Store, all money from sale of applications in Apple are about $538 million, and the income of the company is $292 million.
Is it necessary to attract alternative markets?
If there is a need to increase the number of users of your application, then perhaps you should refer to alternative markets. And still, without use of Google Play and App Store it will be quite difficult to sell and promote the application normally. The main thing is a right choice of direction and not to be sprayed at once on several markets. If you aren’t satisfied by work only with the main markets any more, then we offer you alternatives. However, you should remember that the promotion of the product in alternative markets requires decent efforts and an extra time.
1. Amazon — one of the most popular markets on the android platform. The total amount is 80 thousand software products and has 25 thousand downloads per month.
2. Nokia OVI Store is based on the Symbian platform. Currently, the Store has more than 55 thousand applications. But in 2015, Opera Mobile Store came to replace Nokia OVI Store.
3. SlideME is american market of applications, Android platform; the application is installed more than on 20 million devices.
is a resource of applications for Android platform. It has more than 100 thousand applications.
Let’s say you have decided to promote the application in both directions, that is, to place it in the top markets, and alternative markets. What percent will take alternative stores? Basically it is 20-30% of the income of the transaction, but there are options when it can be absent completely. Everything will depend on the selected markets.
Here are a few things you should bear in mind before coming on market of applications:
- you need to have a plan of localization, resources and time;
- to consider precisely time which can be necessary for registration, collection of feedbacks and implementation of updates;
- to study in detail features of these markets and as required to check consolidated reports on them.
Anyway promotion of applications in markets is rather difficult work, but if you do it right then result will be impressive.